• Make yourself a pile of fabric strips, just ripped apart...1/4 to 1/2 inch wide and 3 inches long or so.
• Starting at the top of the cone, wrap a piece of string or yarn around the cone to determine the length of your finished strip wrap.
• Sew the small strips onto the long piece to create a fringe.
• Once you have finished your long piece of fringe, start at the top point and attach to the green cone. You can stitch or glue this step. Check photo at the top of the page.
• Felt beads added to the fringe add more color and texture. Just place the tree on a dowel or stick to create a trunk. This beauty has an embellished stitched star at the top! I placed our tree trunk in a jar filled with colorful beads.
• FOR ANOTHER LOOK, try zig zagging 3 or 4 lengths of yarn together.
• Using the long strip as a base, tie or stitch yarn fringe along the length.
• Embellish yarns with wool felt beads and sequins.
• Tie pieces around the tree.
• Cut a piece of cardboard or foam core to create a circle that will fit inside the bottom of the cone. This will keep the tree base "round". Make a hole in the center about the size of a pencil.
• Drill a hole in a small wooden round to create a "trunk" with a small straight stick or dowel. Secure dowel in the base.
• Place trunk through the hole in the bottom and set the tree onto the trunk.
• Place embellished yarn on the tree.
• Top off with felt star!
• Make another one and enjoy.
Our Artgirlz Mini Tree Pin Kits come with all of the goodies needed to make an embellished tree pin. Or, mix things up by making simple little trees with Artgirlz Mini Cones and a piece of twig! Green, purple, red...trees of many colors!